Friday, February 27, 2009

Worth the Wait


Ever since I moved to Santa Cruz, I have always been enraptured with the cuteness of Gabriella's Cafe. Sure there are cuter places in Santa Cruz and there are fancier restaurants to be sure, but there is something about Gabriella's that say's I am something special.

Being the romantic that I am I immediately decided that I would not dine at Gabriella's for any reason other than a fabulous date. Which is why for the past seven years I have been to almost every other dining establishment in my town minus this one. This is not to say I have not been on a date, I just never ended up on a date at Gabriella's.

Today though, I was walking by, and it was just such a beautiful day, and it looked so inviting, that before I could talk myself out of waiting I had been seated at a table for one.

All I have to say is that it was lovely. Everything I wanted it to be it was. I was glad to find that they use local fresh ingredients, combined to make delicious Italian food. They also had a great wine list featuring Italian and Local wines.

The staff was friendly and attentive. The dining room was simple and romantic, sunny and welcoming. I cannot wait to go back in the evening to enjoy the patio under the lights strung overhead.


You can see why I think it is the perfect date spot, but don't hold off on going till you have the perfect man (or lady) take yourself on a date and enjoy!

No comments: